Commercial Administrator / Finance Administrator
Commercial Administrator / Finance Administrator - Repairs & Maintenance
Salary: £26,000 - £33,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Based: Hackney, London
Start Date: ASAP
Morgan Sindall Property Services is the service division of the £2 billion Morgan Sindall Group. We work with a wide variety of public and private sector clients and specialise in the full range of facility management and responsive repair and maintenance activity. Our main areas of expertise include: building management systems, day-to-day responsive repairs, facilities management, void property refurbishments, insurance activity, programmed maintenance, and electrical and gas installations, servicing and repairs.
About The Commercial Administrator Role:
The role will involve carrying out the commercial checking and collation of data within our bespoke MSi system and will encompass resolving any related queries and processing the data through to invoicing and financial completion and closure. The role will involve working closely with an existing commercial team, and liaison with our remotely located site teams.
- To carry out all administrative duties relating to the commercial function within the business.
- Administering and tracking financial process and procedures to ensure that all necessary documentation is in place to minimise the risk to the business.
- Having the best interests of the business in mind at all times and reporting to your manager anything of a nature that will affect the business.
- Keeping all business matters confidential within the business which is especially important working within the same environment as the client.
The ideal Commercial Administrator:
The successful candidate will have commercial / financial administration experience with an understanding and awareness of financial and commercial reporting. The candidate will be required to be skilled numerically and be experienced in the use of and accurate inputting within a web based accounting system. They must be able to swiftly identify issues and have the communication skills to quickly resolve any potential issues.
We are looking for the successful candidate to have previous experience of commercial activity or of repairs & maintenance contracts. You must be familiar with the National Housing Association Schedule of Rates to be considered for this role.
The Successful Commercial Administrator:
- Will have experience in either repairs & maintenance or social housing
- Will be an individual who has the drive to achieve results within a commercial and administrative area of expertise.
- The applicant is likely to be reflective by nature and should enjoy working in areas which require attention to detail and maintaining quality and standards.
- The role is likely to involve concepts, equipment, ideas and problem solving where a sound depth of knowledge and expertise are a strong requirement.
- Persistence and the ability to see a role through to conclusion are important to the role as is security and a structured working environment.
The person fulfilling this role should be driving, thorough, systematic and enjoy working within clearly defined work parameters. Ideally the role is calling for a person who is tenacious, structured, methodical, organised, inquisitive, factual, cautious, shrewd, self-reliant and hardworking, with a strong need to achieve a worthwhile result. A probing, questioning and objective approach is also called for within the position.
Closing date for applications is the 26th of February 2017.
Apply today for the chance of an early interview!