International Trade Adviser
£30,000-35,000 + Car Allowance + 10.5% pension + participation in a bonus scheme
Regional Role covering East of England or Yorkshire and Humber
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) works with UK-based businesses to ensure their success in international markets, and encourage the best overseas companies to look to the UK as their global partner of choice. We are recruiting a number of International Trade Advisers to provide professional advice on a range of UKTI services, including strategic action planning, routes to market, overseas contacts, training and market research to support companies to grow and succeed globally.
Main duties will be to:
- Identify new and experienced exporters where UKTI support is appropriate to underpin growth strategies
- Work with companies to develop their international business potential through the provision of in depth face-to-face support, utilising UKTI’s overseas network
- Work with companies to develop their export strategy and tailor UKTI and other support to deliver growth
- Support UKTI events and those of our partners to raise the profile of UKTI and the importance of international trade
- Work as part of a wider network referring companies to other sources of support in the interests of the company
The candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong awareness of key international business issues affecting the profitability and growth of and enterprise
- A sound knowledge and awareness of issues affecting the UK economy and especially business.
- Knowledge and experience of international trade, sales & marketing and market research
- Confidence to build and manage client / customer relationships.
- Excellent influencing, communication and mentoring skills.
International Trade Advisers deliver services across a broad range of economic sectors ranging from automotive to health care and life sciences. We welcome applications from individuals with a broad range of experience.
To apply forward your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be an Assessment Centre for candidates who successfully complete the first stage.
Closing date for receipt of applications is: 4th March 2013