Junior Accountant - Financial Reporting
Junior Accountant/Financial reporting role within a large Financial Services company.
My Client provides a wide range of financial products and services in the UK and Internationally.
Based near to St Paul's Cathedral in Central London.
The role will typically include:
- Assisting in the monthly intercompany process
- Assisting in preparing the quarterly financial returns to the regulators, including investigating and documenting variances
- Preparation of some notes for the statutory accounts together with supporting schedules and reconciliations required by the auditors in accordance with the group timetable
- Support for the regulatory reporting team in providing monthly and quarterly information to them
- Preparation of monthly provision reconciliations at the different consolidated levels of the UK group
- Liaison with credit reporting on some monthly reporting
- Participating in projects to improve automation of reporting wherever possible
- Providing cross cover to other members of the financial reporting team on key processes
- Responding to ad hoc requests and tasks
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Relavant experience within Financial Services
- 2:1 Degree Minimum
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
- Studying towards an accounting qualification
Other skills and personal attributes:
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)
- Experience of using JDE and Essbase would be advantageous
- Strong excel skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and share information
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good attention to detail with a drive for constant improvement
- Motivated and enthusiastic
The successful applicant will receive £35,000-£45,000 per anum.