RMO- Resident Medical Officer - ST3 Doctor General Surgery
We are recruiting now Three RMO - SPR ST3 + General Surgery Doctors for exciting new opening withing the HCA Healthcare UK Private Hospital Group.
London Bridge Hospital is expanding in 2017 into the top four floors of the new Guy's Cancer Centre. With 38.2 million pound investment and 60,000 square feet this purpose built facility will allow London Bridge Hospital to house its cancer services in one roof. Consultants from London's top teaching hospitals will offer full surgical provision in urology, gynaecology, breast, ENT, maxillofacial and head and neck, as well as reconstructive surgery for these specialties. The hospital will partner with Leaders in Oncology (LOC) across chemotherapy, outpatient oncology and haematology.
The new site will encompass inpatient and daycase beds, operating theatres including the first integrated robotics theatre in the UK, housing a Da Vinci Robot. There will also be a chemotherapy unit, outpatient consulting, Level 3 Critical Care and Imaging including X-Ray, MRI and Ultrasound.
The London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses the recently opened outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site, and a further five outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent. Patients benefit from multidisciplinary streamlined care, investment in leading-edge technology and London teaching hospital consultants.
This advert is due to close 7th March 2017
We are recruiting for Resident Medical Officers - equivalent to NHS junior doctor ST3 and above in General Surgery.
This is a permanent employment contract - rota pattern = X1 24 hour shift every 5 days - Or X3 12 hour shifts per week.
As a Resident Medical Officer you can expect competitive salary C£55000 - £60000 pa dependent upon experience and a vast range of benefits.
* Funded Study Leave for relevant training; regular job review and appraisals.
* Guaranteed annual salary review
* Private pension;
* 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy or sell up to five days annual leave)
* Life Assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary)
* HCA Pension Scheme
* Season ticket loan (of up to the value of £10,000)
We are supportive of continuous training and have developed links with Universities to provide a programme of joint appointments for those doctors wishing to study for a higher degree such as a PhD. We are looking to extend this co operation with NHS facilities and Research Institutes for doctors who also wish to go out of programme to study for other qualifications such as management degrees and diplomas.
Duties & Responsibilites
- The role of the Resident Medical Officer is to work as part of the Resident Medical Officer team in General Surgery. You will be involved in Registrar level clinical duties and will play a vital role in managing the full medical and surgical care, working closely with Consultants to ensure that patients' treatment and care needs are met.
- You will oversee day to day management of patients, ensure these patients are assessed daily, receive all admissions, participate in patient management with primary consultants as directed by him/her. Assess acutely unwell patients in the hospital and complete administrative tasks such as updating patient notes, discharge summaries and prescribing medications relevant to treatment.
Skills & Experience
- Ideal candidates will be fully GMC registered with licence to practice
- Successful completion of MRCS or MRCP or equivalent
- Experience in the following patient groups urology, gynaecology, breast, ENT, maxillofacial and head and neck, as well as reconstructive surgery.