Up to 58k per annum
An exciting opportunity has arose for the UK's leading independent provider of managed communications services. We help organisations transform ICT into a strategic asset to support growth, enhance agility and efficiency, boost collaboration and deliver competitive advantage. Our flexible, integrated communications services encompass IP and mobile telephony, converged networks, unified communications, contact centres and document solutions.
The Product Owner is a key role and is responsible for the competitive positioning and overall success of the products within the marketplace. Working closely with the agile SCRUM team, the Product Owner will take responsibility for creating a vision for the current and future products and will convey this to all relevant stakeholders. The Product Owner will have and maintain a solid understanding of the call centre technology marketplace, competitors and future trends.
This knowledge and understanding will be used (along with feedback from company and customer stakeholders) to create and maintain a Product Backlog which will be used to select work for the SCRUM teams for each sprint.
The Product Owner will have strong personal communication skills to help communicate requirements to the SCRUM teams. They will also be the evangelist for the product, providing motivation to the SCRUM teams and promoting the product and its future roadmap to customers, prospects and other stakeholders.
- Build and maintain a vision and product roadmap for the product set
- Build and maintain a product backlog
- Provide Scrum teams with a prioritised backlog list for each Sprint
- Working with the Scrum Master, coordinate and track Scrum team outputs to ensure they match backlog requirements
- Provide support for any Agile ceremonies and artefacts
- Take responsibility for all releases ensuring the required quality and documentation requirements have been met
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the Product Description and Planning Guide
- Implement and maintain an effective customer feedback loop to maintain a strong product image and to process any customer suggestions or ideas
- Work with pre-sales and sales to help maintain a growing sales performance for the product
- Knowledge of Call Centre and Telecoms industry technologies is essential
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle is essential
- Knowledge of a wide range of Microsoft products is an advantage
- Knowledge of software programming languages is an advantage
- Working knowledge of ATDD, BDD and TDD is an advantage
- Knowledge of telephony systems such as AVAYA and Mitel would be an advantage
- Knowledge of CTI protocols would be an advantage
If you are interested and would like some further information apply online or contact Shaun Edwards on