Nursery Nurse needed in Streatham
Private Nursery situated in Streatham is looking for a Nursery Nurse to join their dedicated team. The nursery caters for up to 26 children aged between 6 months - 5 years and is operational 50 weeks a year, Monday to Friday 08:00 - 18:00.
The nursery is situated in a Victorian building within a residential area close to Streatham Hill and provides separate areas for each age group to learn and develop. They have a dedicated area for the babies which enables them to learn at their own pace. Another area for the toddlers which also has an additional room for messy activities and another area for the Pre-School aged children to help them prepare for school. The setting also provides additional extra curricular activities for the children including music and sports.
This position will be working four and a half days a week with children aged between 18 months to 3 years and will be responsible for up to six key children ensuring the children reach their highest potential throughout their time at the nursery.
Exciting benefits include:
- £18,000 - £19,000 Dependant on experience
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Half a day off each week
- Local transport links nearby
- Additional Early Years training and support provided
Your responsibilities include:
- Providing high quality care for all the children
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with children, parents and staff
- Providing exciting activities for the children and observing their development
- Planning their next steps within their development stage
- Using the EYFS curriculum throughout each day
- Having a number of key children to support
- Understanding each child’s individual need and dietary requirements
- Carrying out risk assessments throughout the nursery
- Following the nurseries policies and procedures
- Maintaining the hygiene cleanliness of the nursery
- Participating in staff and parent meetings
- Ensuring the setting is safe and secure at all times
- Assisting with the extra curricular activities
All candidates must have:
- A minimum of an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- At least 2 years experience within an Early Years setting
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS and Safeguarding
- The ability to work well within a large team
- Good communication skills
If you feel you would like to considered for this role get in contact today! You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak to us outside of your working hours.
**This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references**
** StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer**