Location: Kings Cross, London
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Contract: Full time, permanent
About the company
The School Kompanion is an independent SAAS company based in Kings Cross, London, providing School Management Software for Schools and Educational Institutions around the UK and Internationally. We are passionate about technology and take great pride in our work, and we look to continually push the boundaries of what is achievable, whilst redefining how an MIS should work. We pride ourselves on our customer service, technical prowess and agility in a market dominated by heavyweights, as we are the only vendor in this space to offer full tailoring. This is an opportunity to join a growing company and create a lasting legacy through your work!
What we are looking for
Are you looking for a company where you can really spread your technical wings? Like really spread them? At the School Kompanion, we are looking for someone that isn’t afraid of working outside their comfort zone in high pressure situations, and able to tackle weird and wonderful customer requests using the right frameworks for the job, even if it means it’s something you have to learn - we love people that love to learn! You will need to take pride in your work, and take charge of your deliverables so that you are able to keep up with the pace. If you’ve been a development lead in your previous role, or looking to make that first step, this is the right role for you.
What will you be doing day to day?
Although no two days are the same in our world, our days are split up into various elements so that you are juggling a few different areas every day, and you can be sure that your role will have the following elements in it:
• Working to understand client requirements and plan & develop the solution. At times this can be the development of entirely bespoke modules or functionality
• Working alongside the development team to tackle client tickets, covering bugs, requests and configurations
• Working with the R&D team to develop new modules/functionality in line with the product pipeline
• Client healthchecks - times where you will get to talk directly with your clients and understand how you can best support them
Candidates should possess knowledge and have personal projects demonstrating:
• PHP (object oriented)
• CSS - SASS a bonus
The following experience is important and makes a big difference in our decision process:
• Practical experience of implementing and using a Laravel Framework
• Practical experience of implementing and using an Angular framework
• Experience in implementing transformational projects
• Comprehension: Fully understands problem independently and associated impacts to connected processes
• Client communication: Email, conference calls and presentations without supervision
• Workshops: Preparation and content
• Production: Should produce client ready output for full scope of work with limited re-work
• Supervision: Initially under management with daily checkpoints - moving towards independent task management by month 2
• Comprehensive Healthcare (applicable in year 2)
• Discount on gym membership (applicable in year 2)
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required for this role then apply today!