Audit Manager I - Conduct & Compliance
You like challenging convention
We want people who think outside the box
Exciting opportunities exist within our diverse, challenging and growing Santander Internal Audit team. As a member of the Internal Audit department, we want you to share our passion about adding value to our people, customers, communities and stakeholders, providing robust independent assurance and challenge on the effectiveness of processes and controls across the bank and having exposure to senior stakeholders across our global organisation.
Our people are passionate about truly listening to our customers to make banking more simple, personal and fair. And change like that doesn't happen unless we all speak up with new ideas and challenge things that could be better. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone supports each other to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond - every day.
As an Audit Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Leading and participating in assurance activities to assess the management and control of risk, ensuring that all work undertaken meets agreed timescales and complies with quality requirements
- Supervising small teams, where required (dependent on level), whilst providing coaching and support
- Managing relationships and influencing key stakeholders across the business and collaborating with other teams as required
- Proactively taking responsibility for additional activities related to the management of the Internal Audit department, including on-going business monitoring and production of required management information (MI) for Senior Management
- Ability to complete assurance activities, assessing risks and controls (including planning activity, co-ordination of fieldwork and report writing), acting both as lead and team member as required
Minimum skills and experience required:
- Evidence of proven monitoring/audit skills (i.e. assessment of risks and controls) providing robust independent assurance on the effectiveness of compliance controls in the business and the fairness of customer outcomes
- Communicate both verbally and in writing, complex and/or difficult messages effectively to different audiences tailoring the approach. Ability to influence stakeholders demonstrating personal resilience in challenging circumstances to achieve positive outcomes (simple, personal, fair)
- Good working knowledge of regulatory framework in which financial institutions operate
- Sound business and product knowledge within Wholesale, Corporate & Commercial or Retail businesses
- Compliance professional qualification (e.g. CISI Diploma in Investment Compliance)
We weren't voted one of the Sunday Times '25 Best Big Companies to Work For' for nothing - we've got a reward package that's simple, personal and fair. In addition to your pay and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
For your commitment and success, we offer a very competitive salary with distinct career development opportunities. Other Santander benefits include:
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 27 days Holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy and sell 5
- Product discounts
- Retail and High Street discounts
- Sharesave Scheme
- Flex benefits including childcare vouchers
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Our Women in Business network provides women with valuable development tools. We're creating a better balance of women in management positions, and empowering everyone to fulfil their true career potential.
You'll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of London, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and conveniently located only a short walking distance from major train stations and underground facilities. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
With over 150 years of experience, we've built a strong, international presence, with more branches worldwide than any other bank. Dedicated to making things simple, personal and fair for our customers, our aim is to become the best bank in the UK, and we know we can't make it happen without our people. That's why we promote an environment where everyone counts. With us, you'll be encouraged to develop both professionally and personally, and by listening to your unique perspective, and turning your ideas into action, we'll grow along with you.
We are committed to helping you achieve a reasonable balance between your home and working life. To support you in meeting your commitments outside of work, we offer a range of flexible work options, including part-time working, job sharing, career breaks and flexible holiday options and we support you to make a difference in your local community with volunteering and fundraising schemes.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply by clicking on the button below.