Autocentre Assistant Manager with Technical ability - BRISTOL
About The Role
Halfords Autocentres are currently looking for a Technical Assistant Manager to assist in the day to day running of one of our Autocentres. You will have experience in a technical environment having worked on motor vehicles previously and have experience in a Workshop Controller, Senior Technician or Assistant Manager within a workshop environment.
A Technical Assistant Manager working within a Halfords Autocentre is a true right hand man or woman! Across the UK our Assistant Managers are supporting Centre Managers to deliver a first class customer experience within a busy and demanding environment, whilst also providing vital support to a team of talented Technicians in the workshop.
Why join us?
As an Assistant Manager you can expect to be spending your time both in the Workshop getting your hands dirty and also interacting with our customers in person on the counter and over the phone. An Autocentre Assistant Manager regularly steps in and runs the Centre independently to cover the Centre Manager`s leave and absences.
Within Halfords Autocentres we aim to promote our Assistant Managers to be Managers in the future helping you grow personally, as such you can expect increasing responsibility and opportunity before we find you your own Centre. Drive and ambition are key for this role!
Tools for the Job:
Experience of working as an Assistant Manager, Workshop Controller orSenior Vehicle Technician would be beneficial but not essential;
• A key attribute ourAssistant Managers need is to demonstrate they can adopt a customerfocused approach to everything that they do.
• They are great communicators, supportive to their colleagues and possess personal drive and ambition to succeed.
Additional key skills and desired attributes:
• An empathetic approach to both colleagues and customers
• High degree of self motivation, alongside promoting and encouraging a strong team ethic
• A flexible `can do` attitude
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Can work well and can demonstrate a calm demeanour under pressure
What`s in it for you?
In return we offer an industry leading remuneration package including aCompetitive salary, Pension Scheme, Colleague Discounts, ChildcareVouchers and MORE!