IT Support Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team at Truebyte. We're looking for trustworthy people who are passionate about technology making working life better.
We offer excellent career development and an opportunity for you to develop within our team.
We have a reputation for providing high-level IT support in complex environments. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can meet client needs with both technical expertise and empathy.
Our London IT team handle ongoing substantial projects for our clients (including server technology upgrades, SAN storage, virtualisation environments, LAN & WAN networking & routing, VOIP, backup solutions and new network set-ups).
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Network and infrastructure project implementation as part of the projects team.
- Providing onsite IT support, acting as a senior engineer on mini helpdesk teams where required.
- 3+ years IT industry experience
- Extensive Microsoft OS support experience, including Windows 7 and 8 and 10
- Windows Server administration skills and experience (2008/2012/2012 R2)
- A good understanding of VoIP, IP networking, TCP/IP and connectivity, including configuration of switches, routers and firewalls
- Good understanding of storage and virtualisation (VMware)
- Proven technical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Highly desirable experience:
- Genuine understanding of Active Directory and configuring group policies
- Experience of imaging and deployment of builds using Acronis, SpecOps or similar
- Experience with support of video conferencing solutions
- Citrix (XenApp/XenDesktop)
- SAN storage experience
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to speak English fluently is essential
- Pro-active, diligent, able to delegate work effectively where appropriate
- Adaptable to change. An ability to pick up new skills rapidly is fundamental to the role
- A strong team player
- Ability to manage other team members
- Ability to prioritise effectively and handle a varied and high workload, including support calls and projects
Company pension scheme for all Truebyte team members.
Your primary base will be our London Office in Fulham.