We have an fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Accounts Assistant to join a small but fast growing finance team based in Hemel Hempstead. Our client is looking for a candidate in the early stages of their finance career, who has previous accounts experience. Along with being able to offer career development over time, they will also financially support study.
The successful candidate will have experience working with Sales Ledgers and Credit Control and have a minimum of 1 year's experience working within a finance team. This role will offer exposure to all areas of finance as well as being responsible for working with a number of key internal stakeholders and developing strong relationships with external contacts such as customers and suppliers.
Overview of role:
- Develop the sales ledger function alongside the Assistant Management Accountant.
- Lead on the implementation of the sales ledger functions for the business.
- Responsible for all revenue, including customer income, payment and account queries
- Dealing with 3rd party account queries and chasing debt.
- Daily revenue reconciliations
- Daily cash reconciliations for all PDQs on site and helping with the bank reconciliation with the Assistant Management Accountant.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of Petty Cash for the site as applicable.
- Work with the Assistant Management Accountant to develop and manage the stock system.
- Any other tasks as directed which could include, amongst others, covering Accounts Payable including the Purchase Order system, Pricing of new services, etc.
- Resolve external stakeholder queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with integration and development of the management accounts software.
- Assist with general office duties, meet and greet customers, compile and process e-mails, copy, scan and file documents.
- Demonstrate a positive commitment to our values in all aspects of work.
- To work flexibly as part of the team and to undertake any other relevant duties as required in the post.
- Daily Reviews of revenue and cash reconciliations.
- Weekly reviews of the debtors schedule by department.
- Monthly progress review with the Head of Finance.
- Attendance of the weekly team meetings for the department.
- Previous accounts/finance experience is essential (minimum 12 months)
- Experience working on Credit Control and Sales Ledgers.
- AAT qualification, studying AAT or a desire to further studies (ACCA/CIMA)
- Strong IT skills - MS Office including Word and Excel, plus accounting systems
- Ambitious, competent and highly professional character
- Accurate, efficient and confident communicator
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Think Specialist Recruitment is an independent support staff recruitment agency based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent and contract recruitment with areas of expertise including: administration, customer service/call centre, PA/secretarial, human resources, accountancy and finance, sales admin/sales support, marketing and IT Helpdesk/IT support.