Sales Engineer - field based - in The Midlands
About the client
Our client is a successful part of a larger group of companies with a comprehensive range of industrial fans. Operating from West Yorkshire, and with additional worldwide manufacturing capability, they have one of the most advanced fan production facilities. Continuous strategic investment in manufacturing equipment, software systems and experienced personnel maintains their market position in the UK & Europe for industrial fans.
R & D forms an integral part of the group’s operation, with particular emphasis on fan performance, noise and silencer interaction and energy consumption. This intensive research has led to the development of a high efficiency range of fan units, providing significant energy savings to the industry.
About the role
The successful candidate will have experience of this market place having worked, or is working, with the same or similar technical engineering products. For example: electrical motors, pumps, hydraulics or mechanical rotary equipment.
The job holder will have a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and is likely to be operating as an (industrial) field sales executive selling a bespoke product. He or she will be seeking to develop their career in undertaking a role, which allows them to build positive relationships with new clients.
Reporting to the European Sales Manager the job holder will be field-based four days each week, with a focus on securing new business and supporting the activity with existing clients, which will include:
- Establishing points of contact with the client target businesses
- Making contact with the above; setting up appointments
- Handling specific and general enquiries
- Providing quotes and pricing
- Managing the client interface and identifying additional opportunities arising; feeding back client comments and suggestions
- Promoting the business name, through being an ambassador for the business
- Supports the development of marketing materials and literature
- Gathering marketing intelligence and data, including competitor activities, pricing and products; who is buying from whom, and why.
Therefore we are looking for someone -
- Who ideally lives in the Birmingham / Leicester area
- With drive, determination and resilient
- Who is self-starter, organised and structured
- Who is comfortable working on their own as well as part of a team
- A good communicator - articulate, good questioning technique, with the ability to gather information
- With a goods sales technique, numerate and pc literate.