Product Controller within a large Financial services company based in Central London
One of the worlds leading financial groups, the UK based office is in the heart of London.
- Take responsibility for some of the P&L Production process. This includes, but is not limited to, the following major tasks:
- Reporting of Daily, Monthly & Year to Date Trading P&L and Balance Sheet for assigned desks
- Daily and monthly running of Balance sheet accruals and FOBO reconciliations
- Ensure all balance sheet related breaks are investigated and resolved in a timely manner
- To participate in essential administration tasks required in the department
- Analyse and report on material adjustments to the P&L, including discrepancies to the Front Office flash.
- Provide appropriate p&l and balance sheet commentary / analysis for Head of Department.
- Ensure timely, accurate and controlled reporting of the Bank's trade portfolio.
- Ensure that the Bank's trade portfolio is accurately represented within the General Ledger by operating a suitable control framework.
- Build good working relationships with other departments.
- To help deliver on change & transformation project work as and when called upon
A strong desire to work in a finance role
- A clear sense of direction and career plan
- Basic Knowledge of financial markets
- Strong analytical skills
- A Good grasp of basic bookkeeping
- A demonstrable knowledge of financial products
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel & Access
- Undergraduate Degree level
- Very Strong academics 2:1 Minimum from redbrick University
- Willing to study towards an accounting qualification
- Experience in a banking audit role
- Exposure to derivative products
- Part Qualified accounting
£35,000-£40,000 - Plus full Study Support + Bonus + Benefits