Credit Manager (Temp)
Credit Manager; Holborn
A pivotal role within the Risk Management Department. Department consist of 4 personnel, headed by GM. This role reports directly to the General Manager. The other members of the team are responsible for i) Credit Analysis and Credit / counterparty risk issues, and ii) Credit Reporting, both working closely with the Candidate. All members separately report to the GM.
- Understanding of Credit analysis fundamentals. Ability to compile concise credit applications with recommendations for approval for new and existing corporate customers.
- Input, or check input, of financial figures into internal risk rating model either manually or through utilisation of auto data-streaming. Advise rating within RMD and to relevant Business Area.
- Using SAP and internal credit system, preparation of a number of internal Risk Management reports in Excel or other format to specific deadlines.
- Reports prepared on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis (as required), as well as ad-hoc reports when required by GM. Reports show variety of statistics in tabular or graphic form.
- Liaise with business area and report on status of late payments or credit breaches. Monitor status of aggregate limits to ensure no breach in approved terms. Context : level of violations / overdue accounts is low.
- Request provision and bad debt information from all Business Areas in London and produce summary reports on quarterly basis.
- Ensure the operational requirements of credit insurance policies are adhered to. Report to insurance companies actual or potential overdue accounts. Provide turnover statistics to insurance companies (liaising with Business Area).
- Other processing, including partner registrations, business trip expenses, invoices / payments for RMD Department.
- Broad Credit / Risk experience working in a multi-national corporate or finance environment.
- Experience and knowledge of Corporate Credit Analysis, with track record of compiling high quality credit papers with recommendations.
- Knowledge and understanding of trade finance.
- Experience and knowledge of SAP.
- Strong Computer skills in Word, Excel. Ability to reorganise statistical data into report format.
- Broad Credit Risk Administration experience to include knowledge of accounting protocols.
- Ability to work on own initiative with little supervision.
- Ability to prioritise work with very high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of commodity trade finance fundamentals.
- Understanding of credit insurance fundamentals.