Key Account Manager
Our client, a global media brand, is looking for an experienced Key Account Manager who has experience of working with customers up to C-Suite level at FTSE 100 Companies across both UK and EU. They should understand the recruitment marketplace, company hiring processes, recruitment technologies, and current market challenges in this highly competitive environment. This role is a fantastic opportunity to help shape the strategy moving forward with equal focus on both new business generation and strategic account management.
As a senior sales person within their established team you will present and sell their leading portfolio of online recruitment solutions to prospects and customers within an assigned territory of Commercial companies predominantly across UK but also within EU. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining high level relationships with recruitment advertising agencies. You will help improve their market position and achieve financial growth. You will also help define long-term organisational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify new business opportunities, negotiate and close business proposals and maintain an excellent knowledge of current market conditions.
50% Account Management
Strategic planning is a key part of this role and the BDM will be responsible for developing a pipeline of new business as well as maintaining and growing an existing client base
Why would you work with our client?
As a Senior Sales Person you will:
- Work closely with the Sales Director to create, own, deliver and continually develop the Commercial and EU sales strategy.
- Have responsibility for a large revenue stream, contracted business, customer numbers and high yields.
- Have responsibility for developing new and growing existing markets within STEM to ensure new business and new content goals are achieved
- Create and develop innovative solutions to sometimes complex and difficult customer challenges within commercial companies.
- Identify new employer brand revenue opportunities
- Gain fulfilment from helping customers improve their recruitment ROI
- Understand the STEM jobs competitive marketplace and present New Scientist as the leading recruitment media
- Work with a great sales team who are passionate, driven and looking for not only someone who excels in sales but has new great innovative ideas, thinking and experience to share.
- Sell high value recruitment campaigns to key commercial companies and recruitment advertising agencies.
- Achieve revenue growth through new business generation
- Develop new and innovative platforms and opportunities to help organisations recruit and profile themselves as employers of choice within the STEM sector.
- Manage and build direct relationships with clients and an assigned list of advertising agencies.
- Be accountable for achieving challenging personal revenue targets and KPIs
- Develop a deep understanding of market dynamics, our competitive position and add valuable insight to customers
- Conduct business development calls and client meetings
- Manage short and long term sales cycles through to completion
- Develop a sales strategy to effectively manage your market
- Attend relevant industry networking events in order to raise our brand within STEM
- Become a trusted partner to our customers by understanding their recruitment requirements.
- Develop strategic account and engagement plans for key customers
- Manage and grow job content on the website
Key Skills Required
- Excellent sales skills
- A strong understanding of the sales process from start to finish, in particular the benefits of using questioning and value selling
- Ability to clearly articulate a value proposition
- Strong communication and influencing skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivation, taking ownership for achieving targets and KPIs
- Strategic thinking
- Organisation and time management
- A team player, committed to supporting the team goals
- A willingness to develop and improve performance
- Demonstrable track record of achieving sales targets and growing new business in a competitive environment (essential)
- Demonstrable new business AND strategic account management experience, up to C-Suite level in FTSE 100 companies in a recruitment media sales environment (desirable)
- Experience of working with STEM companies (desirable)
- Experience of Salesforce.com (desirable)
General Benefits Package:
- Pension Scheme
- 29 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days - 2 days per year
- Life Insurance (4x salary)
- Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Competitive Salaries