Howett Thorpe is currently working with a growing organisation based in Weybridge to recruit for a Assistant Accountant to work within the group finance team. This role is responsible for day to day processing and accounting of business units as well as monthly reporting, statutory accounts and ad hoc analysis and reporting. Initially this would be working on the UK and Dubai business units, in conjunction with and directly assisting the Group Finance Manager.
- Part qualified or studying AAT / CIMA / ACCA
- Excellent Excel and MS Office skills
- Knowledge of accounting software (Sage 200 ideal but not necessary)
- Experience of working with multi currencies
- Customer service skills
About The Role
- Maintaining the purchase ledger from processing of invoices to monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- Maintaining the bank accounts, processing and performing monthly reconciliations
- Prepayments, accruals and other general ledger journal entries
- Payroll journals
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Monthly review and accurate reconciliation of all balance sheet and profit & loss accounts
- Reconciliation of inter-company figures
- Leading and assisting with statutory audit preparation and ongoing support with auditors during audit periods in conjunction with Group Finance Manager
About Our Client
This is a rapidly expanding organisation with a fantastic finance team in place.
Commutable from: Addlestone, Aldershot, Bagshot Chertsey, Cobham, Cranleigh, Dorking, Egham, Epsom, Esher, Feltham, Godalming, Guildford, Kingston, Leatherhead, Lightwater, London, Redhill, Reigate, Slough, Staines Sunbury Walton, West Byfleet, Weybridge and Woking
Howett Thorpe recruits for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role; we comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)