Alpha IT are working with a leading firm in central Bristol who are on the lookout for a Technical Architect to join their product development team.
You will utilise your systems, software, and domain knowledge and broad experience of architectures, frameworks and tools to define solutions and help drive technical advances in their products and bespoke customer projects. The Technical Architect will participate in technical activities to support research, pre-sales and engagement with international standards organisations, helping to identify and create solutions to industry problems in exciting new technologies. You’ll then support the project manager and lead the team through our software development life-cycle, from requirements analysis, work-breakdown and estimation, through to implementation, test and release.
- To wholly own and be accountable for technical solutions.
- Help the team develop work breakdown structures and corresponding estimates.
- Analyse complex technical standards to determine testing requirements and approach.
- From time to time, work directly with customers to establish requirements, present solutions and be the technical interface on a customer led project.
- To represent the company in public forums in a technical capacity.
- Lead and be a champion for software engineering best practices: you should care about source control branching strategies or the configuration of the continuous integration build system.
- Experience using version control systems.
- Experience of working on shared codebases with multiple development branches.
- Experience developing on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Excellent communicator: you are equally adept at sketching a design out on a whiteboard as you are writing the technical summary of a bug fix.
- Can demonstrate an eye for detail and are diligent. You are comfortable investigating deeply technical issues and summarising the findings to present to stakeholders.
- Has acted in a technical leadership position previously, including mentoring other engineers.
- Has relevant domain experience (i.e. Digital Television, IPTV, Telecommunications)
This role will be based in central Bristol and attracts a salary around the £60k mark, with a good benefits package also.