Chief Technology Officer
Chief Technology Officer - Cambridge - £90,000 - £110,000 (dependent on experience) + Excellent Benefits Package
CAMBRIDGE, United Kingdom - Our client is an industry-leading technology business seeking to recruit a new Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to lead their technology function.
The CTO is a strategically important post for our client which is transitioning from a small UK "start-up" to an international growth company with ambitions to expand significantly over the next five years. This will require securing a highly experienced and ambitious C-level expert who also understands the technical, organisational and corporate requirements that will be needed for commercial success.
The CTO will coordinate and control the overall platform technology, including corporate strategy, budgetary control, product implementation and development, and quality adherence. This will involve direct management of three operational teams, including; (1) Product Development; (2) Bioinformatics; and (3) Technology Information. You will develop short, medium and long-term strategies for scaling the platform and developing new products, ensuring that these plans are aligned with the overall objectives and commercial strategies.
- Manage the operational teams, provide a supportive environment and work with the executive team to implement a mechanism to retain and incentivise staff
- Set and manage the budget
- Accountable for the overall quality and timely delivery of software projects
- Ensure rapid implementation and robust support of all local and cloud implementations of software product
- Establish best practice software development methodology, including automated testing, continuous integration and painless releases
- Introduction and management of Agile methodology, ensuring all internal teams adopt and maintain these processes, with appropriate support and training
- Raise software development capability
- Manage and lead technology function (including new capabilities where appropriate)
- Understand and plan for long term of technology in the business
- BSc in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Similar experience as CIO, CTO, IT Director, Head of Tech position.
- Strong Agile metholodology knowledge
- Excellent software development capability
- Ideally some knowledge of start-up organisations
Want to join an industry-leading business? Send your CV now for immediate review and further details.
THE ONE GROUP is Cambridgeshire's largest independent specialist recruitment business. With offices in Cambridge, Peterborough and Northampton, our recruitment divisions include; Accountancy, Executive, HR, IT, Office and Technical recruitment.
Our recruitment experts provide specialist consultancy staffing services to some of the leading household brands across the Midlands and East of England. We pride ourselves in adding value to each recruitment experience.
The foundation of our success comes from our high level of customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace. This is recruitment as it should be.