Healthcare Assistant - Outpatients Dept Wellington Hospital
About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is expanding in 2017 with the opening of a brand new state-of-the-art outpatient, diagnostic and treatment centre located in Elstree, North-West London. We are recruiting a Healthcare Assistant to be based at our centre in Elstree (WD6 3BS).
The centre will accommodate a wide range of both diagnostic and treatment services and will consist of; 16 Consulting rooms, 3T MRI, X-ray, Ultrasound & 6 treatment rooms.
The Wellington Hospital, just north of London's West End, is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds. It has an international reputation for outstanding care in areas of medicine including; cardiac services, neurosurgery, critical care, rehabilitation, oncology and orthopaedics.
As a Healthcare Assistant in our new state-of-the-art outpatient, diagnostic and treatment centre in Elstree, you will assist clinical staff in providing nursing care of the highest quality to patients. You will also assist with procedures within the Radiology department.
This is a full time, permanent post (37.5 hours per week) and will be based at our new centre in Elstree (WD6 3BS)
The projected salary range is £20,000 - £23,402 per annum, plus a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Organise departmental workload including changing patients and dealing with all necessary paperwork.
* To assist the radiographers, nurses and admin staff in the department as required.
* Check emergency equipment for integrity and expiry date. Check treatment room and fridge temp daily.
* To help with maintenance of stock levels in all rooms e.g. linen, syringes, paper -towel rolls, needles etc. and ordering of stock.
* Develop competence in carrying out basic observations and recording the results.
* Act as chaperone for consulting/treatment rooms as required.
Skills & Experience
* Previous experience within a similar role, within either an NHS or private hospital setting.
* Educated to A-level / NVQ level 3 standard (or equivalent).
* Experience in phlebotomy and basic wound management.
* MRI safety competence is advantageous (training will be provided).
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a patient focused mind-set, always acting as a champion for the patient.