Kestrel Moto is a successful family run motorcycle business that has held the Honda franchise since 2005 and more recently was awarded the KTM franchise in autumn 2016. Over the last 12 years we have not only been successfully selling and servicing motorcycles but have also built an enviable reputation for the delivery of the very highest levels of customer service, delivered through every part of our business.
As part of the continued expansion and success of the Kestrel Moto business, we are now inviting applications for a Motorcycle Service & Parts Advisor. So, what kind of candidate are we looking for?
You will ideally live within the local area and be able to travel to Coventry daily. We are looking for someone who will be able to bring their passion and enthusiasm for motorcycles and in particular aftersales into our team.
Duties include but are not exclusive to:
- Booking in customer’s bikes for service and repair work.
- Organising all data capture to ensure that customers are communicated with effectively and every opportunity for selling and promoting the activity of the Service & Parts department is fully maximised.
- Making sure that Service & Parts Aftersales CSI scores reflect the expectations of the business and manufacturer.
- Developing and maximising every opportunity for the sale of Parts & Accessories.
- Ensuring the correct and efficient supply of parts to the workshop as and when required.
- Maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction at all times.
You will have a positive "can do" attitude and always be willing to go the extra mile on behalf of your customer. Being an effective team player is essential to this role, you must be able to communicate effectively with customers and have the ability to form highly effective relationships with colleagues and customers alike.
This is an exciting and rare chance to join a top franchise team working in a busy aftersales team supporting two exciting franchises.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record as a Service / Parts Advisor from either the motorcycle or automotive industries and a solid technical understanding of motorcycles. You will also recognise and value the importance of team work and most importantly the delivery of the very highest levels of customer service.
A good technical knowledge of motorcycles together with the ability to communicate clearly with both the workshop and customers.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Final salary awarded to the successful candidate will be negotiable depending on experience.
Full manufacturer accredited sales training will be provided as necessary, both in-house and manufacturer sponsored.
The opportunity to work with one of the motorcycle market’s most successful and exciting motorcycle brands.