Linux System Administrator
A large company based in the West of Ireland is seeking a talented individual with hands-on experience in the administration, support and development of an enterprise level Linux (RHEL 5/6), Net Apps and Vmware based environment. This position is part of an existing team of administrators supporting Design/CAD Engineering utilizing Linux and distributed applications in a large 600+ workstation and 100+ Servers spread across a number of design centers in Ireland/UK and mainland Europe. The desired candidate should be comfortable in providing level 1 and level 2 user support as part of the helpdesk activities including evaluation and deployment of suitable Information Technologies.
1. BSc in Computer Science or equivalent with 3+ years' experience in a Linux/Unix administration role.
2. Red Hat Certification Engineering or equivalent is prefered
3. Solid understanding of Linux based System Administration and User Support in an enterprise environment (Red Hat Enterprise 5.x 6.x)
4. Solid Understanding of Networking and Distributed computing, NFS, Automounter, LDAP, DNS, Kickstart, Sendmail, SSH, TCP/IP Networking, System Security
5. Hands-On experience on hardware/software and OS installations and configurations (Red Hat Linux, Ontap, ESXi)
6. Hands-On experience on System and Network performance tuning, file system management, performance analysis, network monitoring and troubleshooting.
7. Understanding of NAS/SAN/RAID and Cluster Storage technologies (preferably Net Apps)
8. Knowledge in administering and supporting Virtualized environments (preferably Vmware, ESXi 5.x)
9. Knowledge in writing scripts in an administrative language (Csh/sh/ksh shell, Python, Perl, Tk, PHP, PowerCLI)
10. Strong customer service skills, communication skills, and a positive attitude
11. Attention to detail, comprehensive problem solving and troubleshooting skills
12. Ability to work equally well as part of a team or independently
This is a 6 month contract. Please apply with your c.v if you have the specified skills
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com