Cover Supervisor | Pay Scale 6, SP26 £26,601 pro rata | Permanent, Term Time Only | Start date: ASAP
Salary: UCL Academy Pay Scale 6, SP26 £26,601 pro rata (£23,110 actual)
Contract Type: Permanent, 8:15am to 4:30pm, Term Time Only
Location: London Borough of Camden
Start Date: Immediate / subject to notice period
"The school's work to promote pupils' personal development and welfare is outstanding"
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Cover Supervisor to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist academy. The successful Cover Supervisor will be confident, have a proven track record of leading a group and be willing to work as part of a team.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. Priding ourselves on high academic aspirations, A-Level students in 2016 attained substantially above the national average for A*-B grades, and we expect GCSE outcomes to be well above the national average when the first cohort of pupils take their examinations in 2017; Our sponsor University College London provides a range of exciting academic opportunities and exposure to university life for pupils. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology.
You can also visit www.uclacademy.co.uk for more information or why not watch our school video at: watch?v=BSafC5jHeDM
The Cover Supervisor role will suit applicants with outgoing personalities who are looking for an exciting and rewarding role, or looking to gain classroom experience before applying for a PGCE. Experience of working with children is important, as well as the ability to manage a whole classroom environment at secondary level.
* Have knowledge of a range of positive strategies to deal with whole classes and groups of students
* Have good interpersonal and presentational skills
* Be forward thinking, visionary, receptive to change and able to work under pressure
* Be flexible with working arrangements
* State-of-the-art classroom technology - including Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics from UCL
* Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development
* Intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning - 50% of teachers are now enrolled in the coaching programme
* An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources
* Laptops & iPads for all staff members
How To Apply
To apply please request an application pack from Ellie Field at , or you can contact Ellie on for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and manages our permanent appointments.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Tuesday 21st February 2017
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Ellie Field c/o The UCL Academy
Adelaide Road, Camden London, NW3 3AQ