SQL DB Developer
An amazing opportunity for a Database Administrator to work for an exciting company, as well as career progression and a substantial salary.
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000 plus substantial bonus
Report to: IT Manager
Euro Car Parks is an expanding company providing specialist car parking services to a range of blue chip clients throughout the UK. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a database administrator and reporting expert to join our IT Department and grow our technical solutions as part of an initiative to continually improve and develop quality services.
The suitable candidate will help maintain our current SQL environment while also helping to implement best practice improvements to ensure stable and scalable growth. The individual will be expected to gain an overview of the existing architecture already in place and understand how they integrate while still looking for potential efficiency updates that can be applied.
Working as an integral part of a dynamic and talented very busy team, your main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:-
- Maintain an advanced and progressive knowledge of the existing Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - 2016 environment including the proposal of required changes and improvements.
- Responsible for the collection, collation and analysis practices surrounding operational and business related data. These practices are applied to the Microsoft BI stack, to produce reports for key stakeholders across the business.
- Engage in frequent 1 on 1’s with staff in order to illicit requirements for their report solutions.
- Liaise regularly with all elements of the IT team to ensure that all teams/projects are headed in the same direction and working to achieve the business objectives.
- Conduct investigations into new innovations and technologies that would benefit ECP and construct proof of concepts and synopses to allow business stakeholders to decide on the viability of such ideas.
- Liaise with 3rd party providers to diagnose and resolve operational issues.
- Migration and upgrade of legacy reporting solutions
- Take ownership and responsibility in delivering quality, sustainable code.
- Contribute to reviewing and analyzing existing processes and practices carried out within the IT function with a view to making recommendations and improvement.
The successful applicant must be confident and should possess good analytical and problem solving skills along with the ability to make informed decisions based on sound reasoning. The ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, at all levels across the business is a key aspect of knowledge sharing across departments and improving wider organizational understanding.
The key skills we are looking for in a candidate should be but not limited to:
- Administration experience of Microsoft SQL Server 2008+ including experience of using the associated management tools.
- Installation, monitoring and advanced support function knowledge of Database Management Systems.
- Experience in diagnosing and repairing database issues.
- Experience of assisting with database design.
- Being able define, monitor, optimize and trouble shoot performance of all database systems managed within Corporate Technology.
- Be confident as the database subject matter expert.
- Define, maintain and monitor compliance against security and software policies.
- SQL Performance tuning.
Additional skills would include:
- Exposure to other database technologies such as MongoDB, MySQL.
- Power-shell Scripting knowledge
- Windows Server knowledge.
- Linux Server knowledge.
- Knowledge of Azure, SQL Azure and other cloud solutions.
- Power-Shell scripting knowledge.
We are looking for a candidate wanting to work within a progressive IT team. Salary is £45,000 - £55,000 but dependent upon on experience could be increased and will be discussed at interview.
If you feel you have the qualities for this role and would like to apply, please email your CV with covering letter