IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician
Salary on Application, dependent on experience
Birmingham, B6 5RX
Our client’s Company was established in May 2012 predominately working within the rail sector. Our client’s aim is to provide people solutions to their clients who require skilled, reliable and transient workforces. Underpinning this aim is our client’s commitment to safety and a service that is valued by all stakeholders.
Our client are focused on building long standing partnerships with their clients. The aim is deliver a range of services covering safety, people solutions, training and community engagement across the infrastructure sector.
Our client are now looking to recruit an IT Support Technician to join their team in Birmingham.
As our client’s IT Support Technician, your role will entail the day to day support of the Company’s IT systems and its users. You will be taking calls and promptly resolving them remotely or by attending site, and will liaise between the rest of the team and the senior management team.
You will be expected to:
- Provide general IT support
- Undertake Administration tasks including: AD objects Users, computers, servers, groups etc via ADUC; Basic server tasks; Build/Restore Laptops/PCs/Tablets utilising SCCM; Printer/Plotter/Scanner installs and management; Basic Switch management; Software, Server/Desktop Applications and Services; Backup and restores files where necessary; Deployment of 3G/4G Technology; Asset management using Provance & SCCM; and Monitoring, management
- Undertake new installs of Wifi Access Points
- Provide IT system improvements and write reports
- Undertake business continuity testing
- Do any other reasonable duties as required from time to time
To be considered for our client’s IT Support Technician role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Qualified to A - levels or equivalent, with GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics, although job experience will be taken into account.
- Industry recognised qualifications (e.g. Cisco, Microsoft) would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in an office environment - business to business customer service and communication.
- Strong organisation skills, meticulous nature, completer/finisher who is a team player, self-motivated, takes ownership and responsibility as well as the ability to manage changing priorities.
- Flexible, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, working to time critical deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- An ability to grasp customers’ needs and suggest timely solutions.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Microsoft office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Sway, Access, One Drive and PowerPoint.
- Experience of working as a part of a IT help desk team as well as using remote control software.
- Solid technical background with hands on experience with digital technologies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and MAC client operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of server/client-side operations as well as configuring web/remote server operations.
- Aware of current data protection/IT legislation and its impact on the company.
- Detailed understanding of network infrastructure, mail servers and email-domains
- Forward planning, clear communication, right first time principles, work to strict deadlines and ensure tasks are completed and closed out.
- Interfaces with staff across all departments with the Company, business partners, clients and Group.
- Supports and delivers IT training, support and aids with the induction of new staff.
- Identify areas for cost control within role.
If you feel you have the skills for our client’s IT Support Technician role, please apply now!
IT Support Technician, ICT Support Technician, IT Technician, ICT Technician, ICT Support, IT Support.