Full Stack Developer (Node/JS) at Hot New Startup
estimotor (estimotor.co.uk) is the new way to sell your car online. By using the latest technology and developing products that put the customer first, we’re building the future of online car commerce.
Founded in September 2016, we’ve grown very quickly and are now looking for our first dedicated developer to work closely with our Head of Product and founding team.
You’ll help architect and develop an exciting technology roadmap with a high degree of influence over our technology choices. This is a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in creating amazing web and mobile products, solving challenging data problems, and helping start a great engineering team.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing the estimotor web app (currently HTML, CSS, less, JS & jQuery), launching new features and optimising performance
- Developing the APIs and services that power estimotor (currently node.jsusing the Sails framework)
- Integrating third party partners and services using a range of web services
- Developing our data layer (currently PostgreSQL), architecting our database schema, and creating reports and tools to help us understand our performance
- Maintaining and scaling our infrastructure platform (we are currently deployed to Heroku)
- Getting involved with product design and strategy, and helping shape the product roadmap
- Ensuring a high level of software quality through testing, continuous integration and performance optimisation
What we’re looking for
- A hard-working and enthusiastic developer with 1-2 years commercial experience in a full-stack, front-end or back-end environment
- A degree in computer science or a related subject
- Good communication skills, and a friendly, team-player
- A passion for technology and software, demonstrated by a personal project or website that you have worked on
- An interest for cars and motoring (beneficial but not essential)
Join our team and you will:
- Have a competitive salary and equity package
- Be part of a rapidly growing startup at the early stage
- Have the opportunity for fast career progression
- Work on products and technology solutions that will change an industry
- Be able to take responsibility for your own development and working style
- Develop your skills and experience rapidly, and get ongoing training
- Work with people that are passionate about what they do and share their experience
- Enjoy regular company nights out and social events
- Work in a fun and relaxed and office environment, with a Central London location
A bit more about us
We're a founding team of three that have worked together for over 10 years, and built and sold four internet businesses together.
We enable car owners to instantly value their car, and arrange to sell it to our network of car buyers and dealerships. We’re taking the pain out of used car sales, and helping users sell their car at a great price in a couple of taps.
We’re also working on a number of other car-related products, using the latest technology and a passion for making life easier for people.