A trendy international law firm comprised of cutting-edge law and intelligence are looking for a Financial Controller to lead their finance team.
The law firm is instructed by some of the highest profile people in the world and is an exciting client to be associated with.
You will be an aspiring financial controller or already established financial controller astute at managing and developing key relationships within delivery, compliance and business risk, operations, HR and management.
You will lead the Finance team in providing financial and commercial support to the CFO and the Management Committee, ensuring profitable growth, managed risk and corporate compliance.
- Leading the finance team
- Developing annual budgets
- Liaising with high-level managers and directors both internally and externally
- Enforcing changes where necessary
- Preparing commentary on financial performance against the budget and recommending changes where appropriate
- Year-end consolidation and accounts, this includes overseeing the external audit, preparation of the balance sheet and profit and loss account and reviewing all returns to the Solicitors Regulation Authority and agreeing potential breaches with the auditors
- Reviewing the cash flow of the firm and monitoring performance against budget on a monthly basis
- Preparing the budget and periodic re-forecast; reviewing work and collating the results
- Understanding and taking action against variances
- Supervising client accounting is compliant with SRA regulations
- Overseeing the preparation of financial accounts and review of monthly Profit & Loss account, including commentary and variance reporting
- Reviewing partner payments and drawings
- Analysing, controlling, recommending changes to the firm's working capital covering both WIP and collections
- Regular maintenance of clients' balances with fee earners
- Training all staff in relation to financial procedures to ensure compliance
- Overseeing VAT returns, payroll and month end journals.
- Ensuring full firm-wide compliance with COFA, SRA and MLRO.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.