Business Development Manager - Apprenticeships and Training
We are currently recruiting for new field sales roles to work for a leading awarding and professional body. The roles are 100% new business development, identifying, targeting and winning new business from Employers. With this in mind, you need to be very target driven with sound knowledge of the training landscape and the apprenticeship arena.
The roles are home-based and will involve travel across the UK to develop business, primarily for apprentices taking our client’s qualifications.
On top of a good basic salary, this role comes with a season ticket/tube travel card.
These are brand new posts created to work as part of a high-performing, established business development team of ten. You will focus on winning new employer accounts: identifying and securing training from new employers; delivering revenue from the sales of short courses; and delivering growth in student numbers (i.e. students who take the core qualification).
We are looking for senior business developers who are driven to win. Consultative sales professionals who are credible, naturally inquisitive, polished, self-motivated and can deliver results.
Applicants must have:
- Knowledge of the Education and Training sector.
- Sound knowledge of UK Apprenticeship schemes.
- Experience of selling to Employers in the Education and Training sector.
- A good record of new business wins, and new business 'hunting’ experience from identification to close.
- A good record of developing business ('up' and 'cross-selling') with existing accounts.
- Experience in building a strong sales pipeline, and effectively managing prospects to 'close’.
- Strong evidence of self-management and self-motivation as this is a home-based field sales role.
- Ability to identify and exploit commercial opportunities in terms of training providers, methods of delivery and products.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
This vacancy is being advertised by FJWilson Talent Services. The services advertised by FJWilson Talent Services are those of a recruitment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, all qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from persons holding equivalent qualifications.