Billings Operations / Data Analyst - Telecoms - FTSE 250
On offer: a challenging entry level position working as a billing operations analyst in a forward-thinking team in a global high technology company based in the City. We are looking for a bright graduate with a naturally analytical approach able to grasp how a billing system contributes to the wider success of a company and its good relations with distribution partners.
This is not a dull or static set up - this is a progressive company at the forefront of maritime, aviation, government and enterprise communications operating in over 80 countries with more than 40 offices worldwide operating a range of billing systems, including industry-standard applications such as CSG’s Singleview and InterconnecT, SAP, in addition to bespoke applications. The systems are mostly Oracle-based.
This role will bolster the billing team ahead of the launch of cutting edge services and the billing activity that will ensue. For the right individual, progression into wider systems analysis in years to come would certainly be a possibility.
The billing and reporting cycle is calendar-month based and the team you would be joining is responsible for call data extraction, analysis and pricing, which in turn supports the invoicing of distribution partners. Thus you will need to be detail oriented, focused and confident in your own ability when asked to progressively take ownership of one or more of billing systems, manage the acquisition and processing of data, analyse trends, spot anomalies and run queries on a database. As the problem solving aspect of the work relates to external partners, you must also possess good communication skills.
In short, this is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate to sharpen his/her financial and analytical skills in joining a global leader within the telecommunications industry.
- Support the monthly billing cycle, including capture of adjustments, analytic reviews, and the interface of data to the financial system.
- Ensure that the required quality standards are met, by operating effective controls procedures. Achieve compliance with internal and external audit requirements.
- Support the evolution of the company’s commercial pricing through the configuration of pricing and other key reference data to introduce new price and maintain existing ones.
- Conduct projects or assignments to improve quality and performance, deal with change, or resolve issues.
- Investigate, resolve and respond to queries from distribution partners.
- University degree, probably business or IT-related.
- Good standard of written English; ability to prepare concise written summaries when required.
- Good standard of numeracy and an aptitude for working with structured data in an analytical way.
- Reasonable working knowledge of standard office automation software: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of SQL, preferably in an Oracle environment
- Ability to develop good working relationships with the other members of the billing team, other staff, and external contacts as required.
- Ability to quickly absorb new learning experiences and to deploy new knowledge quickly and effectively.
- Reasonable understanding or appreciation of high-transaction volume business systems.
- Experience of system analysis or testing.