We are currently looking for a Senior Associate for one of our Clients, based in City of London.Our client is an International Public Sector banking and financial services company.
FIG is a key point in relationship with over 270 banks around the world.
It supports and facilitates transactions with those banks and works on both sides of the balance sheet:
1) It helps building up high quality interest earning assets &
2) It seeks ways to reduce the cost of funds where the Bank borrows relatively cheaper funds through broadening and deepening the relationships with other banks.
- Preparation of on-boarding due diligence packs for cases where they wish to exchange SWIFT messages (RMAs) and also where a non-SWIFT relationship may be developed.
- Annual Review of these relationships.
Assist with the bank’s global bond issue programme (Medium Term Note) including providing relevant documents to the law firm arranging the MTN/Private Placement etc .
- Assisting Treasury in apportioning these funds, manage the expenses arising from these bond issues and seek to reclaim appropriate shares of those expenses from our other foreign branches.
- Sending details of Trade assets to counterparty banks via SWIFT whenever we obtain BA finance from them. Maintaining proper record of trade assets provided under BA finance to avoid duplication.
- Arrange and attend meetings with other banks, produce reports and undertake required actions for relationship developments.
- Enter into and review Master Risk Participation Agreements provided by other banks and liaise with Trade Department once these have been signed.
Update policies and procedures as required.
- Assist Treasury Settlements Department with the requirements for European Market Infrastructure Regulations (EMIR).
- Assist Legal & Compliance department with any documentary enquiries on EMIR.
- Handle enquiries from and about correspondent banks including review and reconciliation for our USD account with Bank of America.
- Data gathering and preparing reports for IBG Mumbai as well as here at London.
- Monitor the major relationship and update business levels seen.
- Act as Department Accountant and Risk Coordinator.
- Maintain and update contact list for the Department.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors on points raised for the department.
- Good knowledge of wholesale and treasury products such as REPO, Bankers’ Acceptances, FX, Money Market, derivatives, bilateral and MTNs.
- Good knowledge of current compliance requirements and its impact on bank to bank relationships.
- Willingness to learn new regulations and translate them into policies and proceedures.
- Knowledge of the channels of Correspondent Banking.
- Awareness of the risk factors in the wholesale and correspondent banking markets.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Confidence to deal with high ranking staff at other banks.
Liasioning with Finacial institutions globally on regular basis.
Internally communicating with all wholesale and operation departments in London, FIG departments at other overseas offices, International Banking Group departments.
Experience of international financial markets
Knowledge of wholesale markets
Able to analysis data rapidly and accurately
Can articulate and present information succinctly
If you feel you meet all of the requirments above hit 'Apply'