Accounts Payable Team Leader
Our client are a major industrial supplier, now seeking a team leader for their accounts payable team.
What you'll be doing:
- Train, develop and support team members.
- Conduct 1-2-1 meetings with team to ensure their needs are fully met.
- Daily monitoring and investigation of team workflow.
- Prioritisation of team workload to achieve agreed targets
- Ensure Department policies are adhered to at all times .
- Pay suppliers to agreed terms ensuring any overdue invoices are prioritised accordingly in team workflow.
- Send weekly cash Forecasts to Department Manager and Financial Controller.
- Create and Develop relationships with internal and external customers.
- Arrange meetings with Main Line suppliers on a regular basis to keep the lines of communication fully open.
- Assist Team members with problematic accounts. Liaise with Suppliers and buyers to discuss solutions to prevent issues arising in future.
- Review working practices to develop lean processes.
- Attend Monthly meetings with Manager and Supervisor to give updates on workflow, people and procedures. Investigate and pay Proforma payments ensuring the business needs are met at all times. Maintenance and creation of Supplier File ensuring correct documentation is received at all times.
- Assist with the closure of Accounts Payable Month End ensuring all reporting is completed, valid and correct ready for month end close by Accounts Supervisor or Manager. Ensure cover is provided for any absentee team members.
We are looking for:
- Attention to detail, good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- A proven track record for the duties of this role and supervising staff
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Word
To apply: Forward your CV following the apply link in either Word or PDF format
Please Note: due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advert.
Please feel free to visit our website in order to view all our current vacancies and sign up for personalised job alerts.