IT Service Desk Team Leader - 12 month FTC - Retail
IT Service Desk Team Leader - 12 month FTC
Up to £38k + fantastic benefits including bonus and significant store discount.
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Service Desk Team Leader with a very well-known high street retailer who have THE best working culture and place a huge emphasis on work life balance. They have circa 100 stores and there are 3 individuals on the internal service desk and a 3rd party you’ll deal with who provide some support services.
Ideally, you’ll be ITIL accredited with a great knowledge of Service Desk Support processes.
Please note, an element of the role requires you to be hands-on as you’ll be supporting the team during busy periods and will act as a point of escalation for technical issues.
Occasional travel may be required to some of the retail outlets.
The role will involve:
- Leading a small team of technical professionals to support, design and maintain IT Services for the organisation.
- Planning and organising resource allocation between BAU, incidents and project requirements.
- Implementing industry best practices for service delivery via the ITIL framework
- Customer Service, Incident Management, Service Level Management and Service Desk development
- Service coordination to ensure requests are prioritised correctly
- Identifying and drive continuous service improvements
- Ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Supporting and maintaining the overall IT infrastructure across approximately 100 sites
- Producing reports on team performance against SLA
- Managing major incidents
You’ll need experience of the following:
- Implementing ITIL standards and educating colleagues on ITIL processes
- Experience of managing outsourced service providers to ensure SLA’s are adhered to and good knowledge transfer exists
- Experience of managing expectations in a challenging environment
- Ability to accurately report performance against KPI’s and produce value add management information
- Ideally, you’ll have experience working in retail and a knowledge of PCI DSS / the processes required to sustain compliance
- Experience managing and supporting small technical projects
- Line Management experience
Together with technical experience of some of the following:
- Windows and MAC OS troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Active Directory management and group policy experience
- Office 365 administration
- Windows Server experience (desirable)
- Desktop imaging technologies
- Comprehensive understanding of existing and emerging technologies and related practices.