Metropolitan are a team of more than 1,300 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services.
At Metropolitan we have been very busy and successful in securing the opportunity to provide services to YOUR local community and we are on the hunt for some fresh talent to join our team and be instrumental in our success.
We are currently looking to hire a Project Coordinator to join our thriving team in Southgate, London working 37.5 hours a week. You will be responsible for the effective delivery of Metropolitan's Home Improvement Agency's service, that enables older and vulnerable people to remain in their own homes by implementing adaptations to the property to ensure it is accessible and liveable for each tenant. This role will require you to travel around Haringey when conducting visits.
About the role:
- Ensure clients and potential clients are fully and assessed and an appropriate support, advice and assistance services are provided within the contractual limitations and obligations
- Work closely Technical Officers on works required
- Remain the key contact point for clients supporting the end to end process of achieving satisfactory works completed and ensuring unnecessary delays are minimised
- Promote Care and Repair services to potential clients and other relevant agencies
- Visit clients in their homes to identify their safety concerns and accommodation needs and how these can be met in their own homes
- Advise clients of sources of financial help for repairs, improvements and adaptations and assist them in obtaining appropriate funds
- Promote and enhance Care and Repair profile with stakeholders in the local area
- Ensure that relevant information and opportunities are communicated and acted upon within the MH partnership
What we're looking for from you:
- Current driving license and access to your own vehicle (essential)
- Knowledge of the welfare benefits system and how to maximise client income
- Experience working in delivering support to vulnerable clients
- The ability to liase with external agencies and handymen
- A proven background in care and support
**Shortlisting for this role will take place on Thursday 9th February**
**Interviews will take place on Tuesday 14th February**
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Wellbeing Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 25 days holiday, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!