This role will be varied and requires the ability to be organised and helpful, work well under pressure, multi-task and be a team player in a small environment.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Support the Marketing Manager with media liaising, planning and attending events, maintaining an accurate media database, sourcing merchandise, planning and managing product reviews, liaising with the designer for relevant artwork, social media marketing and other exciting marketing related duties.
- Travelling on occasion throughout the UK, Ireland and Nordic countries for events and meetings.
- Ad-hoc office administration duties such as stationary ordering and supporting the Managing Director as required.
You will also need to be able to provide accurate, helpful and sound advice to channel partners and end users as well as answer queries from journalists about new and current products. This will be via email, phone and face-face.
- Researching, planning and attending exhibitions, product launches and other events.
- Distributing press releases to the media and channel partners.
- Quality checking and proof-reading PR, brochures and artwork sent from HQ.
- Answering marketing enquiries via email.
- Maintaining an accurate media database.
- Updating website pages as required (HTML not necessary)
- Liaise with journalists regarding reviews and other editorial coverage.
- Arranging product sample delivery and collections.
- Answering the marketing phone line.
- Creating Synology marketing PowerPoint slides.
- Research into new possible reviewers and media partners.
- Working with the designer to get artwork for social media and events.
- Shipping goods to and from events.
- Booking travel and accommodation for events.
- Attending and planning meetings.
- Managing the product sample stock.
- Ordering new product samples.
- Tracking media coverage (print and online).
- Maintaining social media accounts.
- Ordering promotional items, brochures, business cards and other marketing materials.
- Liaising with other partners including printers, merchandisers, advertising sales execs, booth builders etc.
- Other office support duties as required and requested by manager and MD.
Essential skills and experience:
- 1-2 years experience within a similar marketing / PR based role.
- Computer literate, particularly on Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in written, reading and oral English.
- Ability to talk on a one-one basis or in a group with all types personalities, from all tiers of hierarchies and industries.
- Confident on the phone (inbound and outbound.
Fluency in a Nordic language would be advantageous but not essential.
Further information and benefits:
- Office hours: Monday - Thursday 9:00 - 5:30 and Friday 9:00 - 5:00 but this role will entail occasional travelling and nights away or over time due to events so by submitting your application for this role you are accepting your awareness and commitment to this.
- 1 hour lunch break.
- Free parking.
- 20 days holiday (increasing by 1 day each year to a maximum of 28) + Bank Holidays.
- Competitive salary
- Child care voucher scheme available
- Pension plan