Senior Support Worker Women Only - East London
Vacancy: Senior Support Worker (Women Only*)
Vacancy Type: Permanent Full Time
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Location: East London
We have excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Specialist Support Worker to work with women with mental health / learning disabilities and other associated support needs providing a high quality personal welfare support service.
You will be working with vulnerable women who may be fleeing violence, at risk of abuse or survivors of domestic violence including those at the point of crisis. You will conduct key work sessions on a regular basis and support the women in assessing and managing risk to themselves and their children's safety. You will assist survivors in ensuring they are aware of their legal rights to protection and have access to the appropriate benefits such as housing.
You will take the lead in supporting a team of Specialist Support Workers and will assist the line manager with carrying out assessments for support and will conduct direct observations as required.
To be successful in the role you will be methodical and well-organised and will have:
- Significant proven experience of providing direct emotional, psychological, practical and welfare support, ideally within a relevant field such as a mental health setting, refuge, women's advice centre or specialist residential setting
- Significant experience in working with mental health; in assisting women with high level and complex support needs; assisting people to apply for welfare benefits and in identifying and responding to the risks to and needs of survivors of domestic violence
- Demonstrated experience in working with Learning Disabilities and Autism
- Demonstrated ability to conduct risk assessments and develop support plans
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to build and develop supportive relationships with women and their children fleeing domestic violence
- Sound literacy, numeracy and Microsoft Office skills with proven ability to complete handovers, write reports and log incidents
- Experience and knowledge of Safeguarding, lone working and health and safety requirements
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant civil and criminal legislation
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or working towards
Our safe house is proud to be a leader in its field and an employer of choice with leading edge systems for supervision, quality management and development.
As a requirement of the role you will be working on a rota basis weekends, early mornings, afternoon shifts and nights.
East Thames are an established housing provider and have an excellent reputation within the field of care and Support. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality services, providing our employees with interesting challenges for their personal and career development whilst also striking the right balance between work and family life.
A key benefit to working with East Thames is that we will support you with a comprehensive training and development package including all statutory training and national vocational qualifications as appropriate.
In addition to all of this we offer the following 'core' benefits:
- 21 days holiday
- Excellent Pension and life assurance scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Advantage Discount Scheme
- Health and Wellbeing scheme
- Excellent training and development function
Apply Now: to apply please click on the apply button below and complete an online application, detailing your suitability for the position in the Supporting Statement section.
Closing Date: 19th February 2017
*Please note that due to the nature of this position, it is an occupational requirement that this role is carried out by women only. This is in line with Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR), Schedule 9 (Work; Exceptions), Part 1 (Occupational Requirements), of the Equality Act (2010) applies
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement East Thames is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Equality & Diversity Statement East Thames is a diverse organisation that represents differences in race, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, background or personal circumstances - we welcome all applicants. We want everyone to feel valued and included at East Thames and to be able to achieve their full potential. East Thames is opposed to any form of unlawful discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.