Corporate Treasury Dealer
Our client is a Financial Services company who provide treasury services to its Group companies in Europe and the EMEA region, which comprises of over 600 individual subsidiaries across a multitude of different industries.
The company focuses on treasury activities and is responsible for the efficient financing and management of the Group's internally generated funds and its net external funding requirements through the issue of Euro Medium-Term Notes (EMTN), commercial paper (CP) transactions and third party loans. It also manages the group’s capital structure and key financial risks.
An exciting opportunity now exists for a Treasury Dealer within the Front Office team.
You will be responsible for external dealing activities, investments, and supporting the groups various business unit’s and functions on internal transactions. This a great opportunity for a candidate looking to further develop their skills and experiences; growing into the role.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential experience required:
Asset Liability Management (including Liquidity Management):
- Money Markets experience either from trading or operational risk background
- Forex and Interest rate risk management and execution gained from either a trading or operational risk background
- Liquidity management
- Cash flow planning for coming weeks
- Day to day lending and deposit acceptance to/from group companies
- Existing group finance monitoring (including preparation and maintenance of relevant agreement
- Implementation and maintenance of effective cash management system
Financial Advice to Group Companies:
- Advising of finance related issues in line with group treasury policy (both group finance related and non-related)
- Reporting and Administration:
- Making daily/monthly/quarterly reports and ad-hoc meeting materials
- Preparation and maintenance of relevant documentations
- Administrative works to be compliant with financial regulations
- Support Treasury group wide projects in the Front Office area where required
Desired experience but not essential (Candidates will be expected to develop these skillsets overtime):
- Duration management
- Raising funds from banks and capital markets including issuance of ECP
- Be able to monitor and advise on Investment strategies to the treasury manager
- Experience in Securities financing - bilateral/tri-party Repo’s and collateral management
- Introducing financial institutions
- Experience in supporting finance arrangement and negotiation with external parties
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Proven Experience in a Financial Services (treasury or banking) environment with exposure to the Treasury Products.
- Advanced IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Summit and Bloomberg
- University degree or equivalent in Finance, Treasury, Business or Economics
- Experience working in the finance department of corporate or financial institutions, dealing specifically within treasury activities including cash management and inter-company lending
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of cash management, the finance market and banking processes
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly and efficiently within a time-bound environment, prioritising and balancing tasks and activities ensuring externally driven and often tight timescales/deadlines are adhered to.
- Highly self-motivated and a positive mind-set that can influence and motivate different personality types
- Ability to maintain an excellent degree of accuracy, whilst working to tight deadlines and can adapt in a changing and demanding environment
- Excellent administration and time management skills - ability to manage and organise multiple work streams simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, Able to communicate fluently in English, both written and orally. Knowledge of Japanese an advantage but not essential.
- Strong team player - The ability to work and engage across multiple teams, In a Japanese company with few staff, an ability to co-operate with and be considerate to colleagues is important
- Problem solving/decision making skills - ability to decide on best course of action required to solve a range of problems and queries