Head of Commercial Analytics - Circa £50k
Head of Commercial Analytics
Location: Southampton / London offices
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 based on experience
Closing date for applications is: 06/03/2017
A well established and successful business with offices based in Southampton and London requires a Head of Commercial Analytics to help maximise revenue growth and margin whilst maintaining market competitiveness and protecting company values.
Data is integral to the business and is relied upon for all aspects of operations, analysis, decision-making, reporting and planning. This person will play a key role in how data is used and processed to benefit the business.
All candidates applying must be willing and able to work an agreed number of day's onsite in the Southampton Office. Occasional travel to and from Client offices will also be required.
- Ability to distil large, complex datasets, imparting insight swiftly, efficiently and visually.
- Support the Commercial Director on a day to day basis.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the product set, deriving new streams of intelligence.
- As an active stakeholder design, develop and evolve the data product set.
- Proactively administer and maintain the taxonomy of all Big Data sets.
- Development of the overall roadmap to deliver the data programmes highlighting key dependencies of other programmes and business goals.
- Develop and understand different pricing strategies and their impacts.
- Support/lead the Sales/Commercial teams with client workshops.
- Actively support the Board and your line manager in delivering the company vision, strategy and business plan, working energetically to achieve Company targets and personal objectives.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5+ years in an analyst based role reporting into the SMT.
- You must be 'hands on' in your approach as you will be expected get involved in all aspects of the work from business to technical.
- Experienced in data management with a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering data programmes.
- Proven senior IT experience within a corporate environment with a strong personal presence and delivery focus.
- Demonstrate experience of building data capabilities in an organisation.
- A confident and clear communicator at all levels of the organisation.
- Google BigQuery and/or other Big Data based platforms.
- Matrix management of cross-functioning teams, including SMART objective setting.
- Mathematical qualification at A-level or higher.
- Detailed understanding of the Development Life-cycle and Agile methodologies.
To discuss the full details please apply for this role or contact me via LinkedIn.