Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
£24,000 to £28,000 plus commission
The opportunity is available as a result of a growing business and the need for more team members. The position is to develop relationships with new and existing customers and signing up new business for the company. You will also be approaching potential customers with the aim of winning new business; you will work
to maintain good relationships with existing clients, gaining repeat business wherever possible.
Duties and responsibilities;
- Business to business (B2B) meetings and events
- Relationship building
- Researching the market and related products
- Presenting the product or service favourably and in a structured professional way face to face
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Appointment setting to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries
- Acting as a contact between our business and its existing and potential markets
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Gathering market and customer information
- Representing the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions
- Creating detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer
- Recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office, or entering figures into reports
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers businesses and requirements
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations
- Feeding future buying trends back to employers
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues
Who we are looking for;
- Experience in either telephone or face to face sales
- Experience in the lighting industry would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
The ONE Group - With offices in Northampton, Peterborough and Cambridge - our recruitment divisions include; Accountancy, Executive, HR, IT, Office, technical and Executive recruitment. The ONE Group are the largest independent recruitment businesses across, Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire.
Our recruitment experts provide specialist consultancy staffing services to some of the leading household brands across the Midlands and East of England. We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience.
The foundation of our success comes from our high level of customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This is recruitment as it should be.