FINANCIAL ANALYST - 6 month contract
A leading International business services group is seeking a Financial Analyst to join them for a minimum 6 month maternity cover.
You will assist and support the Chief Operating Officer, this is a busy, varied and demanding role which requires excellent analytical, organisational, time management and communication skills.
- Assist and support the Chief Operating Officer in respect of meetings of the divisional board
- Assist and support Chief Operating Officer with managing the operational aspects including client take on procedures, staff issues, operational systems, procedures and controls.
- Attend specialist project group and working party meetings
- Liaise with and consult with members of the legal & compliance, IT, HR, facilities, finance and marketing departments as appropriate.
- Co-ordination and preparation of management information and management reports when required by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Prepare relevant budget schedules for the division for inclusion in the overall budget.
- Review monthly management accounts.
- Review budget schedules and flag anomalies and duplications with the Chief Operating Officer.
- Be aware of, understand and assist with implementation of all relevant financial policies and procedures that apply within company.
- Review relevant compliance and peer review reports for presentation to the Board.
- Assist Chief Operating Officer in ensuring consistency and compliance with applicable regulations and the firm’s internal compliance procedures.
- Assist Chief Operating Officer in dealing with regulators including regulatory visits and follow up action points.
- Appropriate experience of working in a professional/financial services firm or similar commercial environment
- Excellent IT skills
- Numerate with knowledge and experience of working with budgets and financial accounts
- Confidence managing multiple deadlines and tasks at any one time.
- Writing and minute taking skills
- Ability to review systems and processes with a view to making recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to build effective relationships with a wide number of individuals at varying levels of seniority across numerous offices and business lines.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading and progressive firm that can offer a challenging role.