Senior Commercial Analyst
Our client is a leading, AIM listed BioTech business driving innovative solutions of genetic combating of disease through Patented technology solutions. This is a high profile organisation which has raised significant funding and has a Market Cap in excess of £80m. Reporting directly to the CFO and indirectly to the highly entrepreneurial CEO, the Group FP&A Manager will be tasked with developing an outstanding planning and analytical department. The role will demand a large amount of non-finance liaison, working closely with the R&D team and Cost Centre Managers to enhance business understanding and analytics. Due to the extremely commercial nature of the organisations, the Group FP&A Manager will also be involved in ongoing M+A activity.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual with FP+A experience who is seeking a step in to a highly commercial organisation.
State the overall purpose & function of the role:
To undertake budgets & forecasts, provide financial planning, analysis, and accounting support for the organization, as well as ad hoc competitor analysis and M&A support. In parallel, to provide project management support for the R&D organisation, developing a comprehensive reporting matrix to identify risks/opportunities to timelines.
List the major responsibilities of the role:
- Provide direct financial support to cost centre managers
- Lead the budgeting, forecasting, and Long Range Planning
- Assist in analysis of monthly expenses vs. budget and forecast
- Assist in production and distribution of monthly variance reports
- Work closely with business users and Accounting group on all aspects of accruals and GL accounting
- Perform ad hoc analysis and financial liaison tasks as needed
- Support the CEO/CFO with ad hoc competitor analyses
- Provide project management support for the R&D organisation, developing a comprehensive reporting matrix to identify risks/opportunities to timelines
- Provide financial support to cross-functional Program Teams
- Selection & implementation of planning/forecasting system for financial analysis;
- Degree educated, preferably with a scientific background
- 6+ years’ experience in Finance and Accounting having qualified at a Big 4 Firm and previously held FP&A responsibilities
- Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology experience preferred but not essential
- Experience with ERP systems required
- Strong Excel skills required
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated attention to detail, commitment to accuracy & adherence to deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective financial support to business/operational managers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills