Database Administrator / DBA - SQL Server - Circa £38-45k
Database Administrator - SQL Server
Hampshire; Alton, Basingstoke, Winchester area
£35,000 - £45,000 + great benefits
A SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) is required to work for a growing IT specialist based in Hampshire. This is a great time to join the business as they on-board some new high level technical talent to improve efficiency and performance of their databases.
The SQL DBA is responsible for the availability, efficiency, and recoverability of the production MSSQL databases. To ensure the availability and performance of the production systems, the DBA must be involved in many aspects of software development, system administration, and operations.
The DBA will be an effective communicator and a dedicated individual to be successful in this growing, fast-paced environment.
- Extensive SQL Server DBA experience (3yrs+)
- Expert knowledge and use of Microsoft Windows, MS SQL Server and ideally experience with some BI tools.
- Experience in the design, planning, implementation and monitoring of database systems in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the business and offshore teams.
- In-depth knowledge of the MSSQL platform, including high-availability design/operation, performance tuning, capacity planning, automated backup and recovery.
- Able to perform database installations, upgrades and configuration
- Experience with task automation scripting using T-SQL
- Expertise with Microsoft Windows replication, Microsoft Windows clustering, disaster recovery, and geographic load distribution of database services would be preferred.
The company offer a great working environment; challenging work, progressive career opportunities and investment in technology and training. To apply, please submit your application via this ad or contact me on LinkedIn.