Client Advisor Birmingham - Part Time
A Maternity Cover position has become available within the RFEA Central Support Team (CST) based in Birmingham. As a Client Advisor you will be hard working, maticulous to detail and conscientious. Working on behalf of the Career Transition Partnership, the principle role will be to advise and assist in the transition management of HM Forces personnel who are leaving or have left the Armed Forces.
The ideal candidates will be self-starters with a strong customer focus, excellent telephone manner and be capable of working within a large team and on their own initiative. Excellent communication skills, IT literacy, keyboard skills and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Through telephone and email tracking, monitor the progress of all clients in accordance with CTP CCMP and relevant CTP Working Instructions.
- In accordance with CTP CCMPs and when deemed appropriate, refer clients to:
o Employment Advisors (EAs),
o CTP (Assist) Specialist Employment Consultants (SECs),
o And/or CTP Career Consultants (CCs).
- Provide accurate and responsive telephone and email 'helpdesk’ support to employers and SL who require assistance with CTP online services.
- Record all interactions with clients and employers accurately on the CTP ADAPT BMS.
- In accordance with the CST CCMP, effectively and accurately track all clients post discharge to confirm and subsequently record successful "Settled" outcomes.
- Work closely with the Key Account Team and regional Employment Relationship Managers (ERMs) to conduct suitable vacancy matches (via RightJob) and notifications on behalf of employers.
- Support the registration process for new employers by accuracy checking content and quality of vacancies available.
- Quality assurance of external online jobs feed vacancies generated that will populate elements of the CTP jobs board.
- Encourage employers who have web access to use the RightJob registration and vacancy posting process.
- Assist in promoting and marketing CTP services to SL and employers.
- Provide telephone and e-mail response cover for other members of the CST Client Advisor Team during absence/holiday.
- When required, conduct other CTP and RFEA tasks and requests as directed by the CST Manager.
Ideally you should be NVQ 3/4 qualified in Information Advice and Guidance, however, appropriate training will be given.
You will be required to work 20 hours per week. Normal working hours will be on a shift pattern between 8.00 a.m. and 8.00 p.m. Monday to Fridays inclusive. In addition there will be occasional Saturday work between 8.30 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
Competitive salary package of £9,500 to £10,486 depending on qualifications and experience. Job satisfaction is guaranteed.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV. Closing date is 26th February 2017.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a Ministry of Defence security clearance which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for over 5 years.