Trustee – Corporate and Business Relationships
About the organisation:
Action West London helps disadvantaged people –unemployed, people from black and ethnic minority backgrounds, young people not in education, training, or employment (NEETs), young offenders, adult offenders, lone parents, older people, people with mental health difficulties, refugees, digitally excluded, and people living in poverty.
Action West London’s Vision is 'That people in West London will have opportunities to improve their lives through Employment, Education, and Enterprise'.
Action West London’s Mission is ‘to provide opportunities for people to change their lives through Employment, Education, and Enterprise’
About the role:
Action West London (AWL) plans to reinforce its financial position by recruiting a new Board member with specialist knowledge in the area of developing and maintaining strong ties with corporate partners, diversifying AWL income streams whilst strengthening and broadening the range of partnerships and support the organisation can draw upon. This is a key position and a great opportunity to develop company and business support for an established, respected and dynamic West London charity and social enterprise.
Background: A background in any of the following areas –Corporate Social Responsibility; Corporate partnerships; Company sponsorships; Business development; Enterprise; Marketing, Sales.
- To assist the Board to develop a corporate relationship strategy and action and build links with companies and businesses in West London to help achieve Action West London’s Mission of ‘changing lives through Employment, Education and Enterprise’.
- To ensure Action West London’s corporate partnership strategy and practice is of the highest standard.
- To assist the Board and senior staff to develop a corporate relationship strategy and action plan.
- To identify ideas and areas for corporate and business support to AWL--generating income, resources and ‘in kind’ support for the charity.
- To strategically assess where corporate and business fits into the overall organisation strategy and to work with senior staff to ensure effective partnership activities are achieved.
- To contribute knowledge of businesses and companies to AWL activities.
- To develop contacts with businesses and companies to assist fundraising and Income generation.
- To make the ‘business case’ for companies and businesses to partner with AWL.
- To identify proposals for business and company partnerships in conjunction with senior staff (Chief Executive and Finance manager).
- To Network on behalf of the charity to solicit sponsorship, funds and resources on a peer to peer basis.
- To be an active champion of the organisation.
- A good understanding of business and companies and how they can support charitable activities.
- A good understanding of sponsorship and other resource generation opportunities and business development.
- Good experience and knowledge of corporate and business partnerships with charities and/or social enterprise business development background and/or having run a medium size business.
- An understanding of the challenges facing small to medium UK charities in making links with businesses and companies.
- Experience at senior level in the corporate sector and/or having run a successful business.
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills.
- High level Knowledge and contacts with West London companies and businesses
- Knowledge of the charity and voluntary sector and/or social enterprise.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, good governance, Charity Commission, Companies House requirements, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
You will be required to commit to around 7-14 hours per month, including four Trustee Board meetings a year.
How to apply:
Application is by CV and covering letter only.
Apply for Trustee – Corporate and Business Relationships
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly