Chair of Trustees opportunity at Manchester Pride
About the organisation:
Manchester Pride is a registered charity that campaigns for equality and challenges discrimination; creates opportunity for engagement and participation and celebrates lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) life. The charity fundraises for LGBT and HIV projects in Greater Manchester by staging a number of events throughout the year, including the award winning Manchester Pride Festival, The Manchester Pride Spring Benefit, events recognising International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia (IDAHO) and our annual programme of culture, Superbia.
About the role:
Manchester Pride is looking for a new Chair of Trustees to join and lead its Board of Trustees in the year 2017. The current Chair has been involved with the charity from its inception and has seen it develop and engage with an ever growing foundation of support. With healthy finances and huge potential for the organisation to develop, Manchester Pride is now looking for a new Chair who will continue to support and make a positive impact on Greater Manchester’s LGBT community.
The new Chair will be responsible for the following key responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to the board of Trustees and enable the Board to fulfil its responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the organisation with regards to the LGBT community
- Will ensure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document, charity law, company law and other relevant legislation/regulations
- Will work in partnership with the Chief Executive and support the employees, helping them achieve the aims of the organisation; and to optimise the relationship between the board of Trustees and the staff
- Facilitate the board of trustees in stimulating excellent, well-rounded and carefully considered strategic decision-making and help Manchester Pride to continue its support and impact as in raising awareness; empowering and enriching LGBT organisations, charities and communities in Greater Manchester
The Chair will be someone with prior experience of managing a Board of Trustees or managing an organisation. He/she will extend support to the CEO as critical advisor and mentor to help Manchester Pride achieve its objectives.
You will be someone with:
- Significant Board experience or someone who has been a senior management representative of the Board
- Previous Chair experience is desirable although not essential
- Passion and commitment towards the LGBT community
- Leadership experience and the ability to work collaboratively with people, businesses and community groups
- Good, independent judgement, political impartiality and the ability to think creatively in the context of the organisation and external environment
It is important that the Chair is able to visit the organisations office(s) and be available to the Chief Executive on a regular basis.
How to apply:
All applications will be made to Reach Volunteering in the first instance. You will provide the following documentation and email it to email@example.com