Marketing and Public Relations Trustee opportunity at Age UK Horsham!
About the organisation:
Age UK is the country's largest charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most of later life. We believe in a world where everyone can love later life and we work every day to achieve this. We help more than 5m people every year providing support, companionship and advice for older people who need it most.
Age UK Horsham District is an independent charity working under the networked partnership of Age UK. Age UK Horsham District is vibrant and successful voluntary sector charity whose aim is to promote the health, wellbeing and independence of older people who live in the Horsham District.
About the role:
The Board of Age UK Horsham District currently comprises six members with a skill base including, HR, law, financial services, business skills and health and social care as well as service development. The charity is in a period of transition with our existing strategy coming to an end. The Trustees working with the staff and volunteer team, our partners and local older people will be reviewing our proposition locally.
We are looking to recruit Marketing & Public Relations trustee with proven marketing and PR skills focusing on engagement as well as influencing.
- To develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing and communications plan to raise the profile of Age UK Horsham District
- To influence and engage locally to raise the charity’s profile of what people in later life want and need
- To develop excellence in governance
Essential and Desirable skills include:
- In depth knowledge and experience in Marketing and Public relations (essential)
- Experience in leadership and strategic capacity (essential)
- Employ strategic use of social media tools, mechanisms and channels to support the charity’s services and activities (essential)
- Actively participate as a key member of the Fundraising and Publicity Sub- Committee of the Board (desirable)
- Experience of working within the charity, voluntary and public sector (desirable)
There are six board meetings a year which are currently held during the day, plus an annual planning and development day and sub-committee meetings
How to apply:
Application is by CV and cover letter only. Please send your application to Reach at email@example.com
Apply for Marketing and Public Relations Trustee opportunity at Age UK Horsham!
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly