Cranleigh - Support Worker
Are you looking for a rewarding role where you can make a real difference to lives of people with Learning Disability?
Thanks to the ongoing success of the current service, we are looking to expand our team of dedicated support workers in Cranleigh. We have various contracts available and welcome applicants that are looking for part-time, full-time and relief opportunities.
Our service in Cranleigh is based in a beautiful old house in the centre of the village. We support 6 individuals with a wide range of ages - from 35 to 70, offering a real variety in both personalities and experiences. Due to this wide range, it is important to us to clearly focus on a person-centred approach to support.
Shifts are on a rota basis, with an aim for our support workers to have every other weekend off. Shifts will include mornings, afternoons and evenings which may include sleeping in, an additional £29.55 is paid per sleep-in. Flexibility is important as all our shifts will be spread across the weekdays and weekends.
The people we support have a wide range of hobbies including bowling, watching TV and going to clubs - ensuring that no two days here are the same. You will need to be trustworthy, reliable and most importantly - respectful. Respect is of upmost importance as it`s what relationships within the service are built on - an example of this can be seen in the fact that the people we support prefer to be prompted rather than told - as nobody likes getting told what to do.
Cranleigh is a small village 8 miles south of Guildford. However due to lack of public transport links you will need access to a car.
As a support worker, all you`ll need to have is a positive attitude and a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. If you support those within our service, we will support you with award-winning training and progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
* An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate
Job ID: 6672
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract