Support Worker - Farnborough
We are now recruiting for Support Workers to join our dedicated team in Farnborough. Our service in Farnborough is a registered service in which we support 5 gentlemen aged between 40 and 60.
You will be working shifts on a rota basis with shifts spread across the weekdays; working one weekend in every two. Shifts will include mornings, afternoons, evenings and sleep ins (£29.55 paid per sleep in). It is therefore important that you are flexible, in order for us to be able to meet the needs of the people we support.
The people we support enjoy numerous hobbies which you will be taking part in - these include going to the theatre, pub lunches and holidays away! This wide variety of hobbies means that clearly, no two days of being a support worker are going to be the same. The people we support also need you to be sensible, fun loving and have the ability to think on their feet - flexibility is a key theme for this role. Most importantly, the people we support want to be supported with empathy, compassion and respect - the backbone of any strong relationship.
As a support worker, all you`ll need to have is a positive attitude and a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. If you support the people within our service, we will support you with award winning training and progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
*An enhanced DBS will be required by the successful candidate (Paid by Mencap)
Job ID: 6520
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract