Store Manager - Glemsford
Mencap Retail - Store Manager £16.5k per annum
Mencap Retail are embarking on an exciting new journey setting up our first ten stores this year with the aim to develop a full chain over the next 5 years. We are delighted to be looking for a Store Manager to work closely with our Head of Retail & Trading in opening a brand new Store in Glemsford.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge and what to work for an organisation that strives for excellence, we want to hear from you!
As the Store Manager, you will:
- be responsible for all financial / cash handling and maintain budgets / complete weekly income and banking sheets accurately
- strive to ensure stock is generated from the local area and donors sign up to the Gift Aid scheme
- be responsible for achieving profit targets by ensuring sales are maximised and the cost are effectively managed
- develop in store systems and promote donations and sales to maximize profits
- motivate and empower the team to perform their jobs efficiently and effectively
- adopt a flexible approach to working hours and days including working weekend and Bank Holidays as appropriate
- draw upon your previous charity retail experience and build an effective volunteer team and provide training, development, work reviews and appraisals to paid staff and volunteers
- maintain the store to a high standard of presentation throughout
- represent Mencap as an efficient and charitable organisation by ensuring that your actions reinforce the Mencap aims and values.
Job ID: 5653