Guildford - Support Worker
Thanks to the ongoing success of the current service, we are looking to expand our team of dedicated support workers in Guildford. We have various contracts available and welcome applicants that are looking for part-time, full-time and relief opportunities.
Shifts are on a rota basis, with an aim for our support workers to have every other weekend off. Shifts will include mornings, afternoons and evenings which may include sleeping in, an additional £29.55 is paid per sleep-in. Flexibility is important as all our shifts will be spread across the weekdays and weekends.
At our Guildford Supported Living service we provide support to 3 ladies and 3 gentlemen so they can live the lives they choose to live. In addition to this you will also provide support to our Outreach services, in which we reach out to support those in the local community. As a Support Worker your key responsibilities will include assisting them with general household duties, providing personal care, administrating medication and managing finances.
The people we support are full of life and thoroughly enjoy going out into the community and going out on day trips. Some of the activities they enjoy include arts and craft, going to the weekly disco and going for meals - who doesn't enjoy meals out? You will support the people we support in doing what they want to do in their local community, encouraging them to try new things and do the things they really want to do.
As a support worker, all you`ll need to have is a positive attitude and a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. If you support the people we support, we will support you with award winning training and progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
If this sounds like you, we`d love to hear from you!
Job ID: 6668
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract