SAP Development Lead
As a member of the in-house SAP team you will work with functional consultants to deliver IT solutions to support the UK and Swiss firms’ processes, performing: detailed analysis of requirements; preparation and validation of technical designs; development; take responsibility for the delivery of technical components; coordinate activities in readiness for implementation.
Ideal candidates would include consultants looking for a change in their work-life balance whilst retaining a challenging hands-on role for a demanding client.
- Accountable for timely deliverables (including code, configuration, documentation, controls etc.) and their quality for BAU and project work
- Working very closely with the Project Managers, Functional Consultants, Solution Architects, Test Managers and other key individuals from within the IT organisation
- Translating functional requirements into appropriate technical solutions
- Ensuring the total design is consistent across multiple areas in a way that supports the delivery of business objectives
- Understanding the detail of solutions across the entire project paying particular attention to the integration across functional modules
- Participating in the end-to-end life-cycle of enhancement work, from analysis to implementation and ongoing support
- Monitoring of incident queues for solutions in the existing landscape and providing support in troubleshooting of problems
- Partnering with functional consultants to prepare business cases, define solutions and pro-actively identify opportunities for improvement
- Lead small group of onshore/offshore developers by scheduling, monitoring and providing support where needed
- Balancing the priorities of project, change request and support work
- Provide necessary solution recommendations and impact assess deliverables from various projects, small changes as well as BAU incident fixes
- Management of development and collaboration on cross functional projects
- Ability to challenge and explore design and delivery plans and apply different approaches to arrive at the most favourable technical options
- Extensive SAP experience, with solid hands-on development experience is essential and a broad understanding of SAP technologies like ABAP OO, ALE/IDOCs, HR ABAP, Workflow, Smartforms, Adobe (interactive) forms, HCM P&F, BSP, ABAP Web Dynpro, Java Web Dynpro, JAVA & HTML5
- Implementation experience in one or more middleware products, preferably XI/PI
- Experience in working with offshore teams, and being able to demonstrate successful delivery
- Knowledge and hands on experience of the FI/CO, SD, PS and HR
- Ability to acquire knowledge of business processes, using common business language and translate them into technical requirements and vice-versa
- Logical, methodical, solutions-orientated person with tenacity and drive
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
Our approach to rewarding our people is based on a simple belief. High performance - whatever your level - deserves to be fairly rewarded. We recognise success and provide progression on merit.
About the department
This group within ICS is made up of a number of small teams responsible for the SAP, SaaS and bespoke IT solutions for the following areas: HR + Talent (On-boarding, Core HR, Payroll, Compensation, Benefits, Performance Management); Opportunity to Cash (CRM, Take-on, Client + Engagement management, Time + Expenses, Billing), Document Management (Scanning, OCR, Document management, Internal + External collaboration, Engagement Delivery); Finance (General Ledger, Financial Planning, Vendor Management, PO + AP, AR, Fixed assets); Business Intelligence (Taxonomy, KPI definition, Data stores + transformation, automated report delivery) and Technical (BASIS; Development e.g. ABAP/JAVA, .NET, VBA; and Operational systems e.g. Service Now).
We are Internal Client Services (ICS)
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a 'typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
Requisition code: 129383
For a full job description please click apply