Security Systems Installation Engineer
AST London Ltd, one of the leading Door Entry, Access Control, CCTV and Gate Automation Specialists who cover London and the surrounding Counties are looking for a Door Entry and / or Access Control Engineers to join the team.
This field based role will be a demanding role, working under pressure and to strict deadlines. You will have the responsibility of installing new Door Entry / Access Control / CCTV systems or undertaking the maintenance of existing systems, working individually or as part of a team.
Our main office is based in West London and a parts depot are based within M25 (various locations to suit you). You will be required to collect parts from our office (TW3) or one of our lock ups (North, East or South London). You will be responsible for completing projects from A to Z; that includes parts and materials requests, installation, commissioning and all relevant paperwork. Projects and installations vary – it may be 3-4 hours job, days or even weeks. In the meantime, to keep you busy in your area, you may cover some service calls (fault finding) on existing sites.
An ideal Door Entry / Access Control Service Installation Engineer will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Must have proven experience with cabling and containment installation
- A Valid UK Driving License.
- Knowledge of CCTV, Gate and / or Door Automation would be beneficial.
- Have good understanding of Health and Safety aspects
- Act responsibly and with necessary care for himself, the property of others and his team
- Must be good team worker.
- Enjoy developing new technical skills and learning to use new equipment
- Be flexible as to hours of work. You start 08h30 on site. Long days until 7-8pm or out of hours work may be required.
- A strong 'can do’ positive attitude is essential.
- Fluent English both spoken and written is a must as you will be dealing with residents and customers and delivering detailed and accurate reports to the Office and your Line Manager.
- We are SSAIB Accredited company so no criminal convictions
You do not have to have experience of Door Entry Systems and / or Access Control Systems; however previous cabling and containment installation experience is essential. You will be involved installations of new systems and occasionally fault finding and repairs. Salary depends on your experience.
The working hours of this role will be 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 08:30am – 5:00pm. Overtime and Saturdays may be available but are not guaranteed.
In return for this you will receive a salary of £18,000 - £25,000 per annum, plus OTE and bonus.
You will also be provided with all tools required to work independently. Company van comes with tracking and fuel card – all for business use only PLUS uniform, Health and Safety training; in-house training on company products and 28 days paid holiday inc bank holidays. If you have to travel far, we may contribute towards that as well.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
We committed to ensuring that it fulfils its obligations to operate fairly, justly and in accordance with the laws. In particular, no employee or potential employee shall be discriminated against on grounds of gender, race or disability. We extend the concept of equal opportunity to include discrimination on grounds of religious or political beliefs or sexual orientation.
Please note that due to the high volume of responses that we receive, we are unfortunately no longer able to respond to each application directly or to provide further individual feedback. We will however contact you should we select you to attend an interview. Should you not receive a reply from us within 4 weeks, please assume that your application on this occasion has proved unsuccessful.
recruitx ref: / INDLP